Thursday, January 29, 2015

Queen's Blade : Commissions Part 2

Hello once again fellow QB Fans! It is I, Final_Agent, back with yet another round of commissions done by various artists at the behest of me and my wallet.


By Markibon
But before we get into that, we've got a poll to look over!

As far as what you guys thought of Vanquished Queens Volume 3, it looks as if our top scoring vote goes to "I loved it!" with 29% (22 Votes) of fans voting for it! To be frank, I'm a little shocked, I personally thought the slightly repetitive endings of 'And then she was likely [CENSORED]' made for a slightly ho-hum read (Every single Vante & Yuit story can be summed up with 'Yuit gets into trouble for Vante's sake), but I suppose at least one third of you disagree and think the series is still going strong! I'll have to admit, the art was rather nice despite my reservations on the story.

In second place was 'Enjoyed it' with 26% (20 Votes), third was 'It was okay' with 25% (19 Votes), fourth was 'It wasn't that great' with 10% (8 Votes) and finally, in dead last, 'It was awful' with 8% (6 Votes)!

Edit : Oh right! With that poll out of the way, here's our latest poll concerning both teacher presences from the classic series! Who would you rather be taught by? The ever popular Alleyne or the devilish Echidna? Whichever you pick, expect a long and painful road ahead!



By Tasselcat

By Tasselcat

By Tasselcat
By Tasselcat














Now then, back to the commissions, as I've mentioned previously, I'm somewhat of a commission fiend and while past commissions had nothing to do with the Queen's Blade series, it feels as if my first few commissions for the blog have opened a set of floodgates that I'm having a hard time closing back up! I'm now having a blast getting various artist to do art here and there for some of my favorites.

What's that? There's mostly Rebellion girls here? Why, you are entirely correct! As it turns out, my favorites involve the ladies introduced in Rebellion for the most part! Vante, Laila, Mirim, Izumi, Tarnyang, Liliana, Luna Luna... I'm fond of a lot of them! Now, that's not to say I don't like any of the Classics, just a little bias due to me loving most of Rebellion while only really being fond of half of the classics.



By Tasselcat

By Tasselcat

By Tasselcat
By Tasselcat














In fact, I seem to recall a poll done on the blog a few months back with this very subject 'Which of the QB Series has the overall best art books' and lo and behold, Rebellion came out on top! So I'm sure quite a few of you would agree with me on the Rebellion ladies.

Though, I do feel that the actual execution of the Rebellion story left much to be desired. The anime adaptation was simply pathetic, but the base story could have used a bit less Annelotte glorification and a bit more screen time given to everyone else, as much as I do like Annelotte.


By Sentrythe2310

Anyways, I had a lot of fun getting these commissions done and I'd like to thank the artists (and my bosses for letting me grab as much overtime pay as I needed) for all these lovely pieces of art! Oh, and naturally, our readers as well, enjoy the pics guys and girls! There may yet be more to come sometime in the future!

We'll hopefully have Kotone's talk event up and ready by next week for you all to check out, the nurse easily wins the award for most talkative talk events so far, which causes me quite the headache. Here's hoping my next talk event character is a bit easier to deal with!

This was Final_Agent, see you next time!


By JcDr

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The anime adaptation was simply pathetic"
    well, I enjoyed it, thanks to SPOIL SPOIL SPOIL what they did with Melonna, the twist was really surprising.
    concerning the poll, could you add an answer "both of them"? I like Echidna and Alleyne too much to choose between them X)

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Whichever you pick, expect a long and painful road ahead!
    >long and painful road ahead!

    Sign me in :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted "it was ok" twice before I saw all of them :( Now I wish I had voted awful for both those times, lol. I tried to put in a vote for awful afterwards but I don't think it counted. As for the new poll, even if it might kill me I can't say no to Echidna. Snakes are awesome; it's spiders that I hate. >_<

    And I'm a classic cast fan myself, but I did like the Vante pics and Liliana pic here (and the Kaguya ones ok for the oppai increase, lol). From Rebellion i only really like Luna Luna, Branwen, and Sigui, and to a bit of a lesser extent Annelotte, Tarnyan, and Liliana. I didn't like how Rebellions cast seemed to more teenage-looking and even younger girls rather than the mostly amazonian women of the original cast (of which the only ones I didn't care for much were Nanael, Nowa, and Ymir... and Alleyne and Airi were in the middle, the rest were awesome though). I agree that the anime didn't help the Rebellion series much either (why do I remember there being too much Mirim, even compared to Annelotte? lol)... but I really want to see it get wrapped up finally and then get Grimoire started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! I love Tasselcat's drawings! I hope he'll draw Tomoe too! I just adore his style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup yup, she does awesome work, plus her chibis are the cutest~~!

      Delete
    2. I agree, Vante was never so cute^^

      Delete